From time to time, across several infrastructures, I often get people report they cannot push anti-virus agents to workstations from McAfee’s ePolicy Orchestrator. This can be time consuming and frustrating, and as you’ll know ePO isn’t the most user friendly or affective application. You can however manually install the McAfee Agent and then force it to comply with your anti-virus policies or client tasks. To do this, perform the following actions:
1. On the affected machine browse to the following location: \\EPOSERVERNAME\C$\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409\
2. Double click the FramePkg.exe file and let the agent install. Please note, you will need administrative rights over the workstation to perform this.
3. Open a command prompt window and type the following: cd “C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework”
4. Once in the aforementioned directory, type the following at the command prompt and press return: CmdAgent.exe /s
5. You will now be presented with the McAfee Agent console, click “Collect and Send Props”. This prompts the agent to advertise itself to the ePO server and enforce any policies or client tasks that maybe set, which in my case is usually the installation of the ant-virus product itself.
I hope this eases your ePO frustrations, it certainly did mine.